Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: POKéMON Colosseum stretches in and out screen randomly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, and thank you for your help beforehand!

These are my specs:
- Updated everything up until today, 07/17/2020.
GPU: nVidia 1060 3GB (Windforce)
- Driver version: 451.67
CPU: intel i7-4790 (not k)
RAM: 16GB 2x8 DDR3 1333Mhz
Dolphin: 5.0-12309 (but it was happening a couple of monts ago too, but I stopped using dolphin then, so I just forgot)

And I think that's all what can be relevant.

Okay, now into details:

When I run POKéMON Colosseum (GC6P01, Europe) everything is fine. Window (or even in fullscreen) doesn't stretch and everything looks as expected. But when I go ingame (after loading my save), and I move around any map, the game window (or even in fullscreen), the image stretches in and out depending of where I am moving, or in which direction the character looks at or the position in the map where the character is, I am not sure what is the problem.

Here is a gif of what I am saying:
[Image: O5LkknG.gif]
And this is a link with my configuration (they are pictures):
https://imgur.com/a/0Kl9ZtC

And I think that's all I can say at the moment. Any ideas?

Thank you and have a nice day.
This is a problem with Dolphin's automatic aspect ratio detection. You can avoid it by setting Graphics > Aspect Ratio to Force 4:3.
(07-18-2020, 01:22 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This is a problem with Dolphin's automatic aspect ratio detection. You can avoid it by setting Graphics > Aspect Ratio to Force 4:3.

Yeah, that did the trick, but why this only happens with Pokémon Colosseum (at least for me)? I have Pikmin 2, Paper Mario TTYD, Super Mario Sunshine... but in none of those, happens. Any idea why?
There are a few other games where it happens, like Pokémon XD and Metroid Prime. I don't know the technical details well enough to explain exactly why these games are affected.
(07-18-2020, 04:17 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]There are a few other games where it happens, like Pokémon XD and Metroid Prime. I don't know the technical details well enough to explain exactly why these games are affected.

Okay. Your suggestion solved the proble, so you can close the thread if you wish or a moderator.

Thank you very much!