Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: metroid prime 3 crashes during Gandrayda fight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

taiwanluthiers

Now a different problem, when I fight Grandrayda the game freezes the third time she changes form. I'm not sure why...

And this crash is pretty reliable. Basically once she changes form twice, on the third one the game basically freezes. If I restart from a save or from a savestate, it doesn't matter because it ALWAYS freezes at that point.
Make sure the dump is not corrupt.
(07-11-2020, 05:36 PM)taiwanluthiers Wrote: [ -> ]Now a different problem, when I fight Grandrayda the game freezes the third time she changes form. I'm not sure why...

And this crash is pretty reliable. Basically once she changes form twice, on the third one the game basically freezes. If I restart from a save or from a savestate, it doesn't matter because it ALWAYS freezes at that point.

Hey, did you ever find a fix for this? This forum is the only one I can find that is having the exact same issue as me. No matter what settings or iso/wbfs I use it always freezes at her 3rd change.
Unfortunately, you probably won't get an answer from the OP. Their account has remained inactive for so long they're no longer registered on the forums here.

I would recommend verifying that your dump is correct (check the MD5 hash and use Dolphin's built-in integrity checker for Wii games) as DJBarry004 said, as a first step. Also see if this problem persists on the official Dolphin builds instead of PrimeHack. Might even be worthwhile to check if super old builds like 5.0 don't have this issue or not. In that case, you could play, beat that section of the game, save, then go back to PrimeHack.