Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Somthing Like the Prime hack for the conduit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So there is the Prime Hack which allows true mouse and keyboard controls when playing metroid prime. Is something like that possible but for the Conduit and Conduit 2. Those games are exclusives and it would be great to play them with mouse and keyboard.
To answer your question, yes it's possible but I'm not sure the Conduit games have as much popularity to get such treatment. But anything can happen with a dedicated group of fans and enough time.

Looking at the prime hack "advantages", it seems like it's basically this:

* Locking the reticle to the center of the screen, making it feel less "floaty" on PC
* Hotkeys for visors / beams
* FOV changing

The last bullet point, is at least partially done in the latest update of Dolphin. You can change the FoV now using freelook. This likely would require rework of the UI (possibly via a texture hack or it might require a more involved hack like MP did).
Only the first bullet point is important, as once it is locked, you can get pretty good mouselook with even a glovepie script. Is there a way for Dolphin to lock the reticle?
I don't own metroid prime anymore (never could get into it, even though I really like super). And I don't own the Conduit games at this point. So, I'm not sure the purpose of the reticle lock or what is "floaty" about it in the native game. For now you will have to wait for someone to provide a game specific hack.
I guess the question is, is the reticle locking part of Prime hack's code, or dolphin's code? If it is part of Prime hack's code, could it be ported to the conduit?