Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on Intel iGPU? No way, right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

apwoodroof

Here's my situation...

I built an HTPC many years ago to watch/record/timeshift live tv in Windows 7 Media Center. I also try to relive my childhood by dabbling in NES and SNES emulatation. The system runs flawlessly for all of the above.

My beloved Nintendo Wii just died. I'm experimenting with Dolphin as a potential replacement. It works -- but of course with choppy/stuttery/speed up/slow down audio and video. And that's just on Wii Sports.

My specs:
Windows 7 x64
Intel i5 650
4 gigs of ram (can't remember the brand)
no GPU (using Intel iGPU)

Sorry for another "can my PoS machine run Dolphin" thread, but can my PoS machine run Dolphin? Should I just go buy another Wii on Ebay?
Even with a better graphic card it would be troublesome. Some game might run at full speed but you likely experience slowdown since it such a old cpu. Technically the igpu is below requirement for the recent build of dolphin also. As for getting a another wii it might be worth it even if you get a better pc it would allow you to rip gamecube(assuming it a model that can play gamecube) and wii game.
I believe latest driver for that GPU is here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=81503 - install if you have older driver.

Try to run Dolphin with DX11 gpu backend and native resolution (maybe 1x?). If it is slow, then there is no help.

apwoodroof

Thank you for the replies.

I do have the driver you linked installed (and yes, that is the latest). Backend is DX11. Resolution is native.

Sounds like I'm most likely out of luck. I'm willing to try any additional ideas, but to be honest, these are the kind of replies I was expecting.
It a last resort since that card is under a intel hd 3000 which is also under requirements you could try forks/older versions you won't get any support but the direct 9 backend on those versions would likely run better on the intel ipgu. This card is only direct 10 compatible and again isn't at requirement.
If you've got the space in your case, you could always add a low-profile AMD or Nvidia GPU that is supported by Dolphin. It'll help with your GPU bottleneck. If you look around on Ebay (or whatever equivalent second-hand market is near you) you can probably find one pretty cheaply. An Nvidia GTX 750/750 Ti goes a long way.

Or you might consider saving up a bit of $$$ to get a new PC.....

apwoodroof

Thanks guys!

I actually looked into a fork that apparently works on Intel iGPUs. Most of the details were a bit over my head -- I think I need support.

I'll have to check if my case can fit a graphics card - that's a good idea too.
To be clear, Dolphin does work on Intel iGPUs, but only on Ivy Bridge (3rd gen) and newer. We still officially support the Intel HD 4000, for example, although it works properly only with DX11...

apwoodroof

Right. I meant to say I found a fork specifically for my Clarksdale. I think I'm just going to either fix my Wii or buy a cheap one on ebay/craigslist.
(07-08-2020, 05:45 AM)apwoodroof Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my situation...

I built an HTPC many years ago to watch/record/timeshift live tv in Windows 7 Media Center. I also try to relive my childhood by dabbling in NES and SNES emulatation. The system runs flawlessly for all of the above.

My beloved Nintendo Wii just died. I'm experimenting with Dolphin as a potential replacement. It works -- but of course with choppy/stuttery/speed up/slow down audio and video. And that's just on Wii Sports.

My specs:
Windows 7 x64
Intel i5 650
4 gigs of ram (can't remember the brand)
no GPU (using Intel iGPU)

Sorry for another "can my PoS machine run Dolphin" thread, but can my PoS machine run Dolphin? Should I just go buy another Wii on Ebay?

You should be able to play it in native 60fps or 1.5x