Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bijuklich

why there are no individual settings? for example i have folder called super mario galaxy wii with image and bat to start game directly and with certain settings for that game, with certain controls...and save folder also sucks because is in same folder as any other game in C:\Users\Alen\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii or C:\Users\Alen\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC....i want all of my settings, controls, saves to be in, for example for smg where i use d3d11 in D:\Games\Super Mario Galaxy Wii folder and for example for Super Paper Mario Wii where i use opengl and different controls in D:\Games\Super Paper Mario Wii, or for metroid prime for gamecube in D:\Games\Metroid Prime GameCube, or for rogue squadron II where i need to use certain hacks that dosen't work well for other games in D:\Games\Star Wars Rogue Squadron II Rogue Leader GameCube.....well i'm thankful for your hard work, but that with settings and saves and controls just sucks.....that's why i love cemu, all saves, controls and graphic settings are in that folder from where you start cemu.exe, also rpcs3 the same, all setting are in that folder from where you double clicked rpcs3.exe, also for pcsx2, or visualboy advance, or project 64, etc.....
It took be a bit to parse your message, but I think what you want happens if you add an empty 'portable.txt' file to the folder.
I agree with AdmiralCurtis, one big run-on sentence is hard to understand....

Using a blank txt file with the name 'portable.txt' (without quotes) would run Dolphin in portable mode. Instead of all your settings and files being located in the local Dolphin directory, they would be in the folder where Dolphin.exe is located. However, to do what you want, there's a much easier way than having a bunch of different Dolphin folders for each game (not to mention you'll be saving a lot of drive space)

What you're looking for instead are per-game configurations, which Dolphin also has! If you right-click on a game in Dolphin's game list > Properties > Game Config you can set per-game settings. If you use the editor tab, you can also configure all of Dolphin's settings like: what controller profile to use, video backend, etc. You can read more about how to set these configs here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game