Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: unable to compile Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ray

libwxgtk3.0-dev was changed to libgtk3.0-gtk3-dev in Ubuntu/Pop os/ 20.04.

So then compileing is impossable? I tryed cmake .. -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc-7 -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-7 "and" cmake .. -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++ -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-stdlib=libc++

But I dont know I think the only reason why I cant compile Dolphin is becuase of the missing
Build Dependencies How do I get? libgtk3.0-gtk3-dev in 20.04 with all Dependencies?

Huh
AFAICT this package is related to wxWidgets, which Dolphin doesn't use anymore. Try following the Linux build guide from the wiki, the instructions and required packages were updated recently and should match what current versions of Dolphin requires...

Ray

(07-03-2020, 05:39 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]AFAICT this package is related to wxWidgets, which Dolphin doesn't use anymore. Try following the Linux build guide from the wiki, the instructions and required packages were updated recently and should match what current versions of Dolphin requires...
  • git

• cmake

• pkg-config

• gcc

• libwxbase3.0-dev

• libwxgtk3.0-dev

• libgtk2.0-dev

• libxext-dev

• libreadline-dev

• libgl1-mesa-dev

• libevdev-dev

• libudev-dev
[color=#000000]libwxgtk3.0-dev was changed to libgtk3.0-gtk3-dev[/color]

[color=#000000]So im asking in the whats up with that and How do I get libgtk3.0gtk3-dev with all the dependencies with a command like sudo -y install the dependencies[/color]
I guess you got the "libwxgtk3.0-dev was changed to libgtk3.0-gtk3-dev" from this StackOverflow answer, except it is clearly wrong, since "libwxgtk3-0-dev" has wx (for wxWidgets) in the name, but the suggested one does not. The "new" package name is actually called "libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev" in 20.04 (also see the comment in the question where the author found this out) (also, the description and dependencies match).

The dependencies-part you quoted from the wiki clearly says: This section has not been updated since July 2019 an no longer aligns with Dolphin's current dependencies.
This means, the listed dependencies are outdated if you want to build the current dolphin version (except maybe you want to build an older version such as the current stable, 5.0).
You can find the current dependencies at the top of the wiki, even as a simple sudo apt install command you could use! wxWidget (and thus libwxgtk3.0-dev/libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev) was dropped, so you don't even need to deal with that.