Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot send private messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone:

I hope I'm not wasting anyone's time here, but I need some help.

I went to send a PM to someone (they are selling pre-made Wii bluetooth chips on a USB board, and I am very interested in that), but the forum told me I don't have permission to do so.
Did my account get tossed into a restricted group, or is there a posting requirement for PM's that I somehow missed?

Thank you in advance for your help.
AFAIK you must have a certain number of posts before you can send PMs. I don't remember how many posts are required, but that restriction exists as part of our anti-spam measures...
(07-03-2020, 09:47 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK you must have a certain number of posts before you can send PMs. I don't remember how many posts are required, but that restriction exists as part of our anti-spam measures...

Ah, well that's unfortunate. Here's to hoping he doesn't sell out before I can message him!
Since I don't have enough privileges to manage that kind of stuff, I reported this thread to inform the rest of our moderation team, people from the staff with admin rights might be able to lift this restriction earlier for your account...
Actually, there's nothing for me to do now. You need a post count of 10 or more to send PMs. Posting here bumped your post count to 10. So, you should be able to message the user you wanted to contact.

Spoiler:
I'm on the other end of this actually, with the units Smile

Trying to get my post count up to 10, without spamming. I was going to head into Delfino Plaza to chit chat, but posts in that area don't count toward lifting the limit.

Is there anywhere for chatter, so that I can get up to 10 posts without being a spammer?

Thank you!
As long as you ask, we can edit your permissions to match users with 10+ posts. Takes like two seconds and you're done. It should work for you now. Let us know if there's still an issue.

kidamnesiac

(07-04-2020, 09:22 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you ask, we can edit your permissions to match users with 10+ posts. Takes like two seconds and you're done. It should work for you now. Let us know if there's still an issue.
Hi Shonumi, will you please edit my permissions also?
(08-03-2020, 03:09 AM)kidamnesiac Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shonumi, will you please edit my permissions also?

Sorry for the delay! Your permissions have been edited, so you should be able to PM others now.
Came here ask the same question and to find out that this is my 10th post.
Pages: 1 2 3