Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Real Wii remotes disconnect when starting netplay session.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Siiriiks

I recently got my friends to fish out their Wii remotes so that we could play some Mario kart on private servers together which worked flawlessly! We then discovered that we all had motion plus remotes and thought that we could play some Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort over dolphins netplay feature. I have used netplay before to help my friend out in Super Mario Galaxy using emulated remotes so I knew how to setup everything, but when we tried to play regular Wii Sports with our Wii Remotes as soon as we started the game the lights on both of our controllers started flashing between 1 + 3 and 2 + 4 and would stop on one of the two combinations. There was no desync between us but we couldn't start the game with our remotes. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

I also tried to map the Real Wii remote as an emulated remote as I remembered that they worked on netplay from before but I couldn't figure out how to map all of the controls, such as Shake and Swing and I couldn't get the nunchuck control stick to map when it was connected.
Other elements such as the IR pointer are very glitchy and the controls in Wii Sports bowling are very sensitive and the B button sometimes doesn't work and requires remapping constantly.

Is there any fix for this or is there a way woke could just use the Real Wiimote input over netplay?