Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Window size resets itself when starting new emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Willicious

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue where the size of the window resets itself each time I start an emulation.

So - for example, if I open a game and then resize the window to suit my preference, it stays put - no problem (I usually have to shrink the window as it often opens to the full width of the screen or sometimes even larger).

However, if I then close Dolphin and later re-open it, and start running the same game, the window size resets to its default rather than what I resized it to.

I prefer to play games windowed generally as I like to have quick access to the desktop - or, I'll simply run it full screen.

I'd rather the emulator "remember" what I resized the window to last time. Is there any way to do this? Can't see anything obvious in the config.

Incidentally, this seems to be the only setting that Dolphin doesn't "remember" - all other settings remain as configured each time I start Dolphin.

---

N.B. Not sure if this makes any difference, but... my screen's native res is 1920 x 1080 but I use 1600 x 900 with 125% scaling. This is for reasons of accessibility & general preference (I find this setting much easier to read and everything appears larger, smoother and softer, which I like). Also, since I tend to use my system for playing retro games, the slightly lower resolution usually makes more sense Smile

Willicious

Anyone?
Have you, by any chance, enabled "Auto adjust window size" on Graphics settings? Disable it in case it's enabled and see if it helps...

Willicious

(07-02-2020, 04:56 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you, by any chance, enabled "Auto adjust window size" on Graphics settings? Disable it in case it's enabled and see if it helps...

:forehead-slap:

I can't believe I didn't spot that; I was looking everywhere for an option!

This worked, thanks!  Cool