Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rock band 3 wireless pro drums kit not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, hope you are doing well and safe

I got an issue, I google it a lot, and searched in this forum, but can't find any solution/hint so I'm making this post, sorry in advance if there was a thread I miss (and thanks for pointing to it)

now onto the problem,

I own the wireless pro drums kit for wii (3 cymbals and 4 pads, 2 kick pedal inputs) set which comes with this usb dongle:
https://imgur.com/a/bIDMlTk

When plugged to my computer it appears correctly and working in Windows10 as Harmonix Drum Controller for Nintendo Wii
https://imgur.com/a/6ZlT2aO

From what I could read you can pass-trough USB in Dolphin, I tried that directly in Settings, Wii Tab, and the only device that appears is this one (listed as "mustang guitar"), I added to the whitelist anyways
https://imgur.com/a/oLXwuBa

But when I start the game it doesn't work, no input.

(on a side note I managed to whitelist and use the logitec mic following the extra steps in the https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough guide)

Then I tried to configure the drums as an emulated wii remote with the Drum Kit extension, and it almost worked, the panel shows input in when hitting the buttons and the pads (mixing 2 buttons when hitting pads though), but in the game the directional inputs don't work, only B(red pad) and A (green pad) works. And I can see some kind of input hitting the yellow and blue pads (the player menu highlights briefly with each hit) but doesn't work as UP and DOWN either, so I'm stuck at menus.
https://imgur.com/a/T9QSRLh

Is it possible to use this device?
Any ideas to try?

thanks a lot, have a good day
(06-30-2020, 06:28 AM)jaquio Wrote: [ -> ]From what I could read you can pass-trough USB in Dolphin, I tried that directly in Settings, Wii Tab, and the only device that appears is this one (listed as "mustang guitar"), I added to the whitelist anyways
[Image: oLXwuBa]

Did you also run Zadig on the device?

(06-30-2020, 06:28 AM)jaquio Wrote: [ -> ]Then I tried to configure the drums as an emulated wii remote with the Drum Kit extension, and it almost worked, the panel shows input in when hitting the buttons and the pads (mixing 2 buttons when hitting pads though), but in the game the directional inputs don't work, only B(red pad) and A (green pad) works. And I can see some kind of input hitting the yellow and blue pads (the player menu highlights briefly with each hit) but doesn't work as UP and DOWN either, so I'm stuck at menus.
[Image: T9QSRLh]

Try mapping the d-pad of the Wii Remote itself, rather than the control stick of the drum extension.
(06-30-2020, 06:33 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Did you also run Zadig on the device?

Try mapping the d-pad of the Wii Remote itself, rather than the control stick of the drum extension.

hi JosJuice, thanks for the reply,
I did not run Zadig on that device, should I try that? because the in the link is only mentioned for the mic, usb camerea and wii speak.

About the second, I can't because I'm using the harmonix drum controller as the Device, is just the drum (dpad, A,B,1,2,-,+,HOME buttons, pads, cymbals, pedals)

PD: I edited the image links, looked as missing, and put the direct link instead
(06-30-2020, 06:33 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Did you also run Zadig on the device?

I tried installing the Zadig drivers, still appears in the whitelist as "mustang guitar"
and no input running the game
https://imgur.com/a/vhjXDFj
(06-30-2020, 06:46 AM)jaquio Wrote: [ -> ]I did not run Zadig on that device, should I try that? because the in the link is only mentioned for the mic, usb camerea and wii speak.

You need to do that. I can't find anywhere in the link where it says that you only have to do it for camera/microphone devices.

(06-30-2020, 06:46 AM)jaquio Wrote: [ -> ]About the second, I can't because I'm using the harmonix drum controller as the Device, is just the drum (dpad, A,B,1,2,-,+,HOME buttons, pads, cymbals, pedals)

I don't see how that would prevent you from mapping the Harmonix drum controller's d-pad to the emulated Wii Remote's d-pad. Though... Now that I'm looking at your images, it seems like you've already done that? Maybe it's actually the opposite and you need to map them to the drum extension's stick?
(06-30-2020, 07:17 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You need to do that. I can't find anywhere in the link where it says that you only have to do it for camera/microphone devices.

I don't see how that would prevent you from mapping the Harmonix drum controller's d-pad to the emulated Wii Remote's d-pad. Though... Now that I'm looking at your images, it seems like you've already done that? Maybe it's actually the opposite and you need to map them to the drum extension's stick?

My bad, I already installed the drivers, but didn't worked.

Yes, I mapped the dpad in the "General and Options" tab, is the only place I managed to map them, in the extension config panel, the only thing I can change is the preset (the number "4").

Anyways, now that I installed the Zadig driver, it doesn't appear anymore as a device there
(06-30-2020, 07:17 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You need to do that. I can't find anywhere in the link where it says that you only have to do it for camera/microphone devices.

After a second Reinstall it worked, I think I needed to paired the drums with the dongle while the driver install occur, is the only thing I did different :O 

Thank you a lot, and my apologies for misunderstanding the usb pass-trough steps
have a great rest of your day

sorry for the replies, I think I get another detail, perhaps in the warning screen at the start of the game (play in open spaces, etc) a pass-trough usb device inputs would never be recognized? but after the game fully loads it does?
Maybe some of my tries that was the problem, I'm so sorry 
thanks again
(06-30-2020, 08:36 AM)jaquio Wrote: [ -> ]sorry for the replies, I think I get another detail, perhaps in the warning screen at the start of the game (play in open spaces, etc) a pass-trough usb device inputs would never be recognized? but after the game fully loads it does?

It's possible. I don't recall exactly how that screen works.