Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii remote not working after previously working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TylanderGD47

I was going to play on Dolphin 5.0-1191, as I had been for a few days before, with a real wii remote, and previously I had no issues connecting it via the method as described on the main site's guide, however today the Wii remote (a regular RVL-CNT-01 type) would not connect at all, it just sits there blinking all 4 lights as if it were searching to pair. This occurs with Continuous enabled and disabled while manually refreshing.

I have restarted my PC and Emulator multiple times, and I have also tried to connect the remote while a game was active, to no avail. I did not use Windows 10's pairing system, only Dolphin's as I had been instructed by the guide on the main site. It may be worth noting that despite this, Windows attempted to install a driver for the remote yesterday, however searching the device manager and other systems do not indicate that this driver was installed.

I don't know what the model number of my PC's Bluetooth adapter is, the PC won't show it anywhere, all I know is that it is the built-in one that came with my Motherboard, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro-WIFI.

EDIT: I've also noticed that the lights will 'hang' while blinking, I'm not sure if this means anything or not.
First, I'd suggest upgrading to the latest dev/beta build of Dolphin, as they may include a fix/correction for your problem (It probably won't immediately solve your problem, but any issues from earlier versions of Dolphin can be ignored for troubleshooting).
Second, I'm assuming the guide you're talking about is part of Configuring Controllers. Have you tried using the Sync button underneath the battery cover (if your remote has it. I believe motion-plus and -TR controllers have it)? I believe this is what I had to do with my motionplus controller, as the 1+2 sync wouldn't work for me.
Third, double-check that you have Bluetooth turned in your OS settings. I know it sounds silly, but I've had some people I worked with believe that Dolphin didn't need Bluetooth enabled for it to scan. Better safe than sorry!

Let me know how this goes, and of any other questions you have.

TylanderGD47

I've tried with the sync button and 1+2 methods, and I've confirmed that BT is online. Neither the version I was using nor the recent dev build (at the time of this post, 5.0-12240) connect to the remote.

HarcoreZero

Greetings to all.

In my case, I found a little problem when using a real Wiiremote in Dolphin, when I play Mario Kart it works 10/10. But the problem starts when I try to play Mario Party 9 with my family, the game starts everything normal but after a few minutes the controls start to disconnect, the game says that it disconnected but the controller is still connected to windows and does not respond, I turn them off and back to synchronize them but after a few minutes it happens again.
Assuming evidence I found that with the Donkey Kong Country game the controller is disconnected at the right time the title screen loads and there is no way that works.
I think that at some point in the game the controls are verified and some error jumps.
They would appreciate investigating this problem since I think it comes from the game itself since with other titles the real Wiiremote does not give a problem.

Thanks for your time.