Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running F-zero GX at 144 fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Azerus_kun

i was wondering if it would be possible to run F-Zero GX at 144 fps using a patch, i know there are some patches to play 30 fps games at 60 (Super Mario Sunshine being such a case), but i wonder if its possible to push it even further, all info i could find was an old thread in which they told me i should just start a new one
i dont think 144fps is even possible...
If someone reverse engineered the game, it's not impossible to say they couldn't modify it to run at higher FPS. Depending on the engine's design, it may be very, very hard/near impossible or it may just require a little bit of game reversing and modifying a few addresses.

Azerus_kun

(06-29-2020, 11:49 PM)DolphinEmu64 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont think 144fps is even possible...
144 fps gaming has been quite common on the pc space for a while, unless you meant you dont think the mod is possible, which is ok, i asked just out of curiosity
(06-30-2020, 04:52 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If someone reverse engineered the game, it's not impossible to say they couldn't modify it to run at higher FPS. Depending on the engine's design, it may be very, very hard/near impossible or it may just require a little bit of game reversing and modifying a few addresses.
from what i understand the sunshine one worked by making a rom hack that made the game run at half speed 30 fps, then telling dolphin to run twice as fast so its normal speed 60 fps, they must have changed an engine option or something, i hope f-zero's engine has something like that, seems like the kind of game that would benefit from it