Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: config isue or bug on dolphin x86 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, I try the last version of dolphin x86 (4.0.2) on the computer (laptop lenove intel core i5 vpro, 8gb ram, intel graphic hd 3000) of my chield and hade an isue with the sound and memory card slot someone can help me with the configuration and how to fix the sound? thank you all ... the gane start fine and I can play
The x86 version of Dolphin is not developed or supported anymore. Use a 64bit version, your CPU will support that
My cpu support everyting, but my grafic don't support opengl 3, that require for dolphin x64
You can use x64 and still use opengl, however anything past 4.02 so 5.0 and up use to many opengl 4 /direct 11 features to be worth on intel 3000(I type from experience from my similar specs hp elitebook 2560p I have laying around). With that laptop you better off using dolphin 4.02 x64 or older or Ishiiruka-Dolphin which is a unofficial fork of dolphin so you won't get much help from the forms because of that. The memory card setting are in config then gamecube tab and it in that page. Also dolphin 64 4.02 opengl does work on my intel hd 3000 so you might need to update you drivers, but you better off with direct 9 though even if it has less accuracy since it usually faster in the version. As for sound is it stuttering if so is it at full speed as it sound has problem if it isn't unfortunately this is the way it work. In the case of dolphin you should only use 32bit unless you os\cpu doesn't support use x64 version. There is a major performance different from what I hear. Here the blog about the why they removed 32 bit. https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/05/19/obituary-32bit/

I want to make this noted I only mention this options and not going to the lastest dev because I know from experience that it is a nightmare to get the dev working if it even possible on this graphic hardware due to lack of modern api support(open gl 4.5, direct 11, vulken, and direct x 12 which aren't support by the intel hd 3000), and using either will limited you support greatly.
The HD3000 is no longer supported in *any* way. You will have to upgrade.
(06-27-2020, 10:42 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]The HD3000 is no longer supported in *any* way. You will have to upgrade.

I dont no you are you but you are the first one tell me to upgrade à video chipset on a laptop
maybe my config help, the laptop is à intel core i5 2520m 8gb ram, ssd 120gb, win 10 pro 1909, intel grapic hd3000
Not ever one can afford to get a new computer(this is a laptop after all) I also mention in my previous post that this option I post op wouldn't have support from the forums in either options, However since these are option that doesn't require getting a new computer that the op could try to play some games assume op is willing accept the limits of support and possible game issues.
We only provide support for the latest stable release (currently 5.0) or the latest development versions. As none of these versions are compatible with your Intel HD 3000 (the minimum requirement is the Intel HD 4000), I'm locking this thread. You're free to use any old version you want, but you'll be on your own with any issue or problem you encounter.