Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Qt5Core.dll was not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Vnty

I tried downloading dolphin yesterday for the first time, it was the lastest beta version (5.0-11991) and everything was fine, I extracted the entire file and tried to launch dolphin. Instead, I was met with 'The code execution cannot proceed because Qt5Core.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem'. I was confused since I still sort of new to computers and emulators in general, I searched around a found I needed to download 'Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015'. So I tried to download, but apparently I've already had it installed, I kept looking around and even downloaded new versions of VS and the files that come with it. but every time it just shows that error message.

The thing is when I look into the Dolphin-x64 file I see the Qt5Core.dll right there. When I go to the windows 'SysWOW64' i find the Qt5Core.dll application there too. I searched my PC files for it and it's in many applications files e.g Battle net, Origins etc and they all work fine. I've done everything I can and even download older versions of dolphin with no effect, IDK if I have the wrong Qt5Core.dll or something but it's a stubborn problem.

I've done SFC scans, DISM scans, I've done a PC HealthCheck and everything is fine, my other emulators work fine so Idk what to do anymore, so if there's any help or advice you can give me I'd be very grateful.

Update*
I guess you can't have dolphin on the desktop by itself, but it has to be in the file.
You need to extract the whole folder, not just the executable.

Also, you actually need VC++ 2019 (64-bit obviously).

baconisbacon

This exact same problem happened to me but with VCRUNTIME 14.1.dll, it said i had to reinstall, i already have both the 2015 and 2019 versions of c++, is there anything specific i have to do because no matter what i try it does not open.
Did you use the download link on the Downloads Page to the VC runtime x64 installer?