Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DoctorBalan

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to ask if you can progress a Wii game over netplay with saves, or does it only work for Gamecube games?
I've played netplay a few years ago and I can't find any thread or post that is clear about this matter.
Thanks in advance for any reply Smile
Yes, it works. But make sure to use a beta or development version of Dolphin, not 5.0 stable. You may need to change some settings in the netplay host window in order for it to work.
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding netplay for Wii games. The first one is that every time I host a lobby or game for netplay all of my game data gets cleared. I have saved data on but it is more like the wii does not recognize that the saved data is there and feels the need to make a new memory slot. Currently, I have enabled cheats to get data back to a certain extent but it will even wipe the data on my local games too not just on netplay. The second question I have about netplay for wii games is that for certain games it requires an emulated wii remote with a profile saved. I have done that and the game fails to recognize the profile that I have made for that emulated wii remote. I checked in my config folder and it is there too. Any thoughts? Also, I am using dolphin 5.0-15445. Thanks!
For the saves, check that Data, Load Wii Save is checked in the host netplay window.

I'm less familiar with wiimote netplay, but AFAIK you need to configure the wii remote that will match your player number.
Yes, so check saves and write wii data are checked. I tested netplay locally to see what would happen and it still decided to wipe my local data and data in general. As result all my save data is gone again. Granted, I've been using the Gecko codes to help me unlock everything back to test what would happen.

I am not too familiar with the emulated wii remote either. I have the dolphin bar to let me use a real wii remote, but I configured the first play wii remote to match first player, and when I try to run a different game such as New Super Mario Bros, it will not work. I have looked up videos and mimicked what they did and have no luck either. Confused
There's a bug with the netplay save handling in the specific version of Dolphin that you're using. Updating to the latest development version should fix it.
I updated to Dolphin 5.0-19520 and that fixed the emulated wii remote problem but it still wipes my game data when I start net play and I have everything checked under the data file for netplay except for strict sync settings.
I also wanted to add that I tried netplay on GC and it did not wipe my game data.