Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii games wont play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've encountered a problem I cant seem to find anywhere else. Whenever I try to emulate a wii game it starts then says it cant read the disk. Am I ripping it wrong or do I actually need a disk to run these games?
What games are you trying to play? How are you launching them? Have you tried the latest beta of dolphin?
(06-24-2020, 03:22 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What games are you trying to play? How are you launching them? Have you tried the latest beta of dolphin?

so far I've tested twilight princess and spyro the eternal night.
I don't know if its the latest beta anymore but its 5.0 11991
additional info:
gamecube games work fine, the disks work in the wii.
these are the first and only wii disks ive done. maybe im doing it wrong. 
im ripping them with a wii and cleanrip, chunk size set to max, one sd card with 38 gigs of storage, then pop it into the pc and move the files to the folder dolphin is instructed to look in.
also the picture the emulator pairs with those games is a gray x. would that have anything to do with the problem?
You probably didn't merge the two halves of each disc image correctly.

The gray X is normal and simply means that you haven't created a save file for the game yet.
(06-24-2020, 04:45 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You probably didn't merge the two halves of each disc image correctly.

The gray X is normal and simply means that you haven't created a save file for the game yet.

2 questions
it says access was denied, how do I get access?
do copy file 0 to file 1 or the other way around?
What says that access was denied? What were you doing when that happened?
(06-25-2020, 01:13 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What says that access was denied? What were you doing when that happened?

I looked up how to merge the wii files
[color=#545454]start either the Command Prompt (if you're using Windows) or the Terminal (if you're using Mac or Linux). Use CD to get to whatever directory you copied the chunks to. Then follow this command to combine all of the chunks: Windows: copy /b <title_id>.part*.iso <game_title>.iso  [/color]
that's what I was doing, using command prompt to merge the files. and when I did command prompt said "access denied".
Can you post a screenshot of what the command prompt looks like when you get that error message?
(06-25-2020, 01:59 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a screenshot of what the command prompt looks like when you get that error message?

so I went back through to get a screenshot and this time it let me do it. now the problem is its just replacing information instead of combining it. I can tell because the first file went from 4 million kb to 300 thousand, same as the second file. also now the game doesn't show up in dolphin at all afterwards
copied and pasted from the command prompt:
C:\temp>copy /b ro7e7d.part1.iso ro7e7d.part0.iso

Overwrite ro7e7d.part0.iso? (Yes/No/All): all
        1 file(s) copied.
I also tried 'yes' and 'no' yes does the same, no cancels the action
and theres no other iso programs in the ripped files. there is a .bca and a dumpinfo file.
You're overwriting ro7e7d.part0.iso with ro7e7d.part1.iso. But instead, you should be combining them:
Code:
copy /b ro7e7d.part0.iso + ro7e7d.part1.iso ro7e7d.iso

Note that "+" sign between the individual parts, as well as the order of files. The last one in there is the output file name.
Pages: 1 2