Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I fix the black bars that appear in PBR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm having troubles with the Development and Beta builds since the inception of 5.0, which cause black bars to appear at the bottom of the screen during graphic-intensive special effects in pokemon battle revolution. It seems to resize the image and make it smaller, but only when those special effects are playing. This happened sometimes after changing graphic options in earlier builds before 5.0. Now it's happening all the time (When special effects happen). Is there any easy fix for this, or is this minor and going to be put aside? If the latter, I guess I will have to revert back to the buggy 4.0.8800 builds or earlier, though, they have problems of their own now as of lately.

Link to Image

megatron0000

(06-23-2020, 06:06 PM)gondracorn Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm having troubles with the Development and Beta builds since the inception of 5.0, which cause black bars to appear at the bottom of the screen during graphic-intensive special effects in pokemon battle revolution. It seems to resize the image and make it smaller, but only when those special effects are playing. This happened sometimes after changing graphic options in earlier builds before 5.0. Now it's happening all the time (When special effects happen). Is there any easy fix for this, or is this minor and going to be put aside? If the latter, I guess I will have to revert back to the buggy 4.0.8800 builds or earlier, though, they have problems of their own now as of lately.

Link to Image

I have run into the same problem and found a way to correct it (editing the code and recompiling the emulator). You can download the release here while the bug is not properly fixed (btw, I am no expert on the emulator, just managed to find a quick fix, and have no idea if such a fix may affect other games in unintended ways or not).