Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro laptop - possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I've got Dolphin running on my laptop and loaded up GameCube Mario Tennis. It runs very slow and the audio is distorted too. However on my Samsung Galaxy tablet (S5e) it's just about perfect.

My laptop is:

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro
Intel Core M-5Y70
Intel integrated HD Graphics 5300.
8gb RAM

Is it worth tinkering with settings to try and up the performance, or is the hardware just not up to it?

Thanks
Well you could try changing the backend. direct 12 for example could help but a different backend could help
Making sure you using default setting and make sure you dolphin build is updated would be additional steps. Making sure the max performance power plan is enabled and similar power plan in the graphic settings.
Thanks for that. Appreciate the response. I'm new to the emulator, so good to have tips on what to try.
It´s a 4.5W processor that will want to stay around 1 GHz most of the time, no matter what. Not the ideal solution for Dolphin.

Only the lightest of games will get along.
I've changed the power settings on the laptop as advised. I've also done a full laptop reset and rebuild as this was something I'd planned on doing. Not sure if that's the reason, but it's working great now! Also got Animal Crossing running well too.

Thanks again. Really glad I got it working!