Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin No Longer Accessible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Phoenix1991

Hi, Phoenix here. I am completely blind, and rely on a screen reader to use my computer. This means I need it to navigate Dolphin. A couple months ago, I found out that Dolphin is no longer accessible to the blind. I tested this and confirmed it with JAWS for Windows, Narrator, and NVDA. I was wondering if this is a bug, or was this intentional. If this is a bug, it needs to be fixed as soon as possible. If this is intentional, it needs to be requested that Dolphin become accessible again.
It wasn't intentional. According to the following issue report, it's a problem in Qt that we started having when we updated Qt: https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/12014

It might be possible to avoid the issue by going back to a slightly older version of Qt for the time being by replacing all the DLL files in the Dolphin folder that have Qt in the file name, but we do of course want to make a proper fix for this as some point.

Gamulation

Hi, I am blind and to love using dolphin, but my screen reader doesnt work, even now. Is this still beeing worked on? The latest accessible version of dolphin is 5.0 11653. I do not know if I am missing out on mutch, but I do like to be on the latest version.