Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LOTR: ROTK Invalid read from error at end of levels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jaso151

Hi,

Return of the king runs almost completely fine, except at the end of each level when it gives you the stats, my total for some stats exceeds what is even possible!

For example, number of kills for one stat is 1,157,234,688 and two other stats are 65,536 and 65,537. (Possibly integer overflow?)

When it totals all these numbers up, it'll let me continue but when I do, it freezes and I get the invalid read from 0x... error.

Unsure if it's related or a controller issue, but each press of the thumbstick or D-Pad counts as two inputs also. (e.g. scrolling a menu will always navigate two in the pressed direction rather than one.

I've looked around the forms but can't seem to find a solution.

Any help would be greatly appeciated, thanks!
Have you tried the latest beta version of dolphin?

jaso151

(06-16-2020, 07:50 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest beta version of dolphin?

I've tried the latest beta version alongside a few other versions but no luck unfortunately
Make sure you don't have any cheats enabled.

jaso151

(06-17-2020, 02:47 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you don't have any cheats enabled.

i didn't have any cheats enabled but I have solved the issue, i tried many versions with no luck, however Dolphin 3.5 plays the game with absolutely zero issues!  Big Grin

hopefully if anyone else comes across this problem, they can find this to help
Using a way too old (and unsupported) build is not an option.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...f_the_King

The wiki page states that the first version it was tested with is 4.0-1707. You should start there.

jaso151

(06-17-2020, 06:01 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Using a way too old (and unsupported) build is not an option.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...f_the_King

The wiki page states that the first version it was tested with is 4.0-1707. You should start there.

I tested that version with no luck, I tested all versions from 4.0 upwards but ran into the same issue.

if it solves the issue, why is it not an option?
(06-17-2020, 06:04 AM)jaso151 Wrote: [ -> ]if it solves the issue, why is it not an option?

Well, you can use it if you want to, but if you using an old versions leads to other problems, then we can't help with those problems.