Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashes on Some Games When Using Vulkan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On some games, Twilight Princess for example, Whenever I am using the Vulkan backend Dolphin crashes and an error message pops-up that says "failed to submit command line buffer." Could somebody please tell me what may be causing this issue, and if their is a way to fix it. Any hhelp with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Which version of Dolphin are you using?
Do you have the most up to date GPU drivers installed?
Did you verify you have a good dump of your game (Right-click the game in Dolphin's game list > Properties > Verify tab > Verify)
My drivers are up to date
I am using Dolphin 5.0-12080
And Dolphin verified it as a good dump

PC Specs
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz
Speed 4GHz
Number of Cores 6
RAM 8.0 GB
Video Card Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Chipset Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Dedicated Memory 128 MB
Total Memory 4.0 GB
Have you tried other backend also. I noticed with my laptop that intel hd 630 or uhd 620 tend to be iffy when it come to Vulcan support. I have 2 laptops by the way.
Oh I see, so it is an Intel issue then? I have tried OpenGL but I get a little more slowdowns with it, it's not bad just every once in a while and just for a couple of seconds usually. I get pretty much no slowdown at all with D3D12, but I have a question about it. Is it a good backend to use? What I mean is, is their a lot of compatibility issues or bad graphics associated with D3D12?
All the back-ends are effectively identical from a coding perspective (minus a few platform-specific stuff) at this point after the video common rewrite last year: https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2019/04/01/...-backends/

D3D12 is pretty fast on most Intel HD iGPUs. Take a look through some of the more recent blog posts for more info (?)
Ok, I guess I will stick to D3D12 then. Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it. But it's funny though, I use retroarch for most systems using the Vulkan back-end and it performs flawlesly. I guess it is just the way dolphin handles Vulkan as opposed to the way other emulators do.
Different emulators of different systems have different requirements. Dolphin is one of the more complex emulators when it comes to GPU emulation.

Here's something to check:
Go to the Nvidia Control Panel
Click on the Manage 3D settings option
Click on the Program Settings tab
If Dolphin isn't in the dropdown list, add it
Scroll down to Power management mode, and set it to 'Prefer maximum performance'