Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I force language for game EU version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Exannger

Hello. How do i edit a IPL setting from the emulator files. Since I'm running an Europe version from specific game and i've checked it has spanish language files, inside game folder files

[Image: MRCUG3l.png]

But the game keep running in english language and idk why. I've read on this where actual developer answered: had to edit IPL setting and ini files, or something like that but I don't know how or at all if it's possible to. Maybe I'm doing all this for nothing. But it concerned my curiosity.
The GameCube version of this game does not support Spanish. (Yes, even though there is a "spa" folder on the game disc.)

(06-15-2020, 05:07 PM)Exannger Wrote: [ -> ]I've read on this where actual developer answered: had to edit IPL setting and ini files, or something like that but I don't know how or at all if it's possible to.

That advice is only relevant on Android. On a PC, you can change the language setting by just going to the GameCube or Wii tab of the config window.

Exannger

(06-15-2020, 06:11 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The GameCube version of this game does not support Spanish. (Yes, even though there is a "spa" folder on the game disc.)

That advice is only relevant on Android. On a PC, you can change the language setting by just going to the GameCube or Wii tab of the config window.

I've done this but still in english and I'm wondering why and if there is a way to force language? for example editing files or something. 
Since the game seems to have the multilanguage files but emulator is not detecting it. 
It's not the emulator that isn't detecting the extra languages, it's the game itself. If you want to fix this, you would need to hack the game.