Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mayflash Dolphinbar not working with Dolphin Ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All, getting desperate and can't seem to figure this out.  Would really appreciate any help.

I just bought a Mayflash dolphinbar.

After hooking it up I unplugged my existing bluetooth dongle that I had been using with my wiimotes thus far effortlessly, so I could use the dolphinbar instead.

I ran lsusb and this came up...
Code:
Bus 003 Device 009: ID 0079:1802 DragonRise Inc.

I added the following to my udev rules...

Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="usb_device", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0079", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1803", MODE="0666"

I removed the existing rule I had for the previous dongle.

I ran
Code:
sudo udevadm control --reload-rules

And easily enough after reconnecting the usb cable of the Dolphinbar and synching a wiimote, I could use it as a mouse pointer on mode 1 or mode 2 on Ubuntu.
That is, the wiimote works with the dolphinbar and I can use it as a mouse pointer!

NOW, when I turn on Dolphin (I've got v5.0-12103) and leave the settings as "Passthrough a Bluetooth adapter"
with
"Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers"
and
"Continuous Scanning"
both ticked;
and
changing to mode 3 on the dolphinbar;
then start any game, let's say Mario Kart, I get a black screen and a pop-up stating...
"Could not find any usable Bluetooth adapter for bluetooth passthrough.

The emulated console will now stop"

I don't know what to do from this point!?

Has anyone been in the same situation as me above and solved it?

I've tried mode 4 as well and with
"Emulate the Wii's Bluetooth adapter" with "Real Wii Remote"
and still no joy!
The game would start at least but immediately on the top left, it would pop-up a window stating:
"Wii Remote 1 disconnected"
"Wii Remote 2 disconnected"
"Wii Remote 5 disconnected by emulated software"

I'm stuck!  I would rather use pass-through than emulate wii's bluetooth.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, and just to let you know if you help me get this working then a 4yr-old boy get's to be very happy as he wants to play Angry Birds on dolphin.
The DolphinBar doesn't work with Bluetooth passthrough. Not sure what's going wrong when you're trying to use it with "Emulate the Wii's Bluetooth adapter", though...
(06-13-2020, 01:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The DolphinBar doesn't work with Bluetooth passthrough. Not sure what's going wrong when you're trying to use it with "Emulate the Wii's Bluetooth adapter", though...

Thanks for that info, good to know as it is a process of elimination!

I turned on logging to console/terminal

I also changed the ownership of /dev/hidraw* as it kept complaining on the console that dolphin couldn't access it.  I made the group of all the /dev/hidraw* one that I'm a member of.

I tried again Mario Kart and now can see this specific error in red on the terminal...
Code:
07:50:962 Core/IOS/FS/FileSystemProxy.cpp:60 E[IOS_FS]: ReadDirectory(/shared2/sys/SYSCONF): result -101
07:50:065 Core/IOS/USB/Bluetooth/BTEmu.cpp:1471 E[IOS_WIIMOTE]: HCI: CommandDeleteStoredLinkKey... Probably the security for linking has failed. Could be a problem with loading the SCONF
The controls don't work but the games intro runs.

After I turn the game off I see the following in the console logs in green in the terminal...

Code:
08:21:263 InputCommon/ControllerInterface/ControllerInterface.cpp:225 N[SI]: Added device: evdev/0/HJZ Mayflash Wiimote PC Adapter
08:21:332 InputCommon/ControllerInterface/ControllerInterface.cpp:225 N[SI]: Added device: evdev/1/HJZ Mayflash Wiimote PC Adapter
08:21:376 InputCommon/ControllerInterface/ControllerInterface.cpp:225 N[SI]: Added device: evdev/2/HJZ Mayflash Wiimote PC Adapter
08:21:416 InputCommon/ControllerInterface/ControllerInterface.cpp:225 N[SI]: Added device: evdev/3/HJZ Mayflash Wiimote PC Adapter
So basically, the dolphinbar works as long as no game is running!?!?

It works on ubuntu when dolphin isn't running.
It is picked up by dolphin when it is running but no game is running.
But it FAILs when a game is started citing that error above about some SCONF.

Anyone have any ideas?   What is this SCONF?
Has anyone here seen that error before?

Looks like a bug right?