Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Yet Another Savestate Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I have been having an error code pop up when I try to load my most recent savestate for LOZ Windwaker(GameCube). I wanna add that I have been warned about how flaky savestates can be in advance and so I have been using normal saves as well. I have noticed on here how some errors with savestates have been able to have some work arounds though, and this savestate is with a particularly annoying part in the game so I figured I would give it a shot.

The error says: After “Memory FakeVMEM”, found 0 (0x0) instead of save market 66 (0x42). Aborting savestate load...

While at the same time it will “try” to load it by bringing up exacting where I was in the game when I saved it, but then after the error it takes me to the main menu and says “Could not load Savestate”.

Is there any possible way around this error?
Is this savestate from another version of Dolphin? If so, I don't think it's possible to load it.
Actually no I have not updated dolphin since the savestate. I forgot to mention that. This actually happened mid-game, I was playing and saved to savestate, then immediately went to save in-game when dolphin crashed literally right before it saved haha. Now this issue is occurring.
Anyone have any ideas on a work around for this?
Something probably got corrupted.
Maybe I’m just overlooking it, but doesn’t this specific error kind of seem like it’s just not finding there the savestate file is located?
(06-14-2020, 03:17 AM)Trustno1 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I’m just overlooking it, but doesn’t this specific error kind of seem like it’s just not finding there the savestate file is located?

This specific error can only occur if Dolphin successfully loaded the beginning of the savestate but ran into some kind of problem in the middle of the savestate.
Ohhh okay that makes sense. Is there a way to correct it or did it basically mess up that savestate for good?
I'm not sure, since I'm not sure how this problem could have been caused if the savestate isn't from a different version of Dolphin. Whether it's fixable depends on what the cause is.