Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to save after using save state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FireSide_01

Yesterday, before I went to sleep, I used save state in TTYD instead of a regular save. Today, When I went to save, I found out that I couldn't. It reads the following message:
"The game cannot be saved. The Memory Card in Slot A is not the original Memory Card."
"Your progress could not be saved."
Is there any way to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.
The fix is to not use save states.

FireSide_01

(06-11-2020, 05:58 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The fix is to not use save states.

It's a bit too late for that now, isn't it?
(06-11-2020, 10:59 PM)FireSide_01 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit too late for that now, isn't it?

I suppose so, but that is the only solution that I have for this problem.

FireSide_01

(06-11-2020, 11:01 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose so, but that is the only solution that I have for this problem.

Do you know why this happens, anyways?
(06-11-2020, 11:04 PM)FireSide_01 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know why this happens, anyways?

Save states tend to corrupt the GC Memory Cards. Reason why JosJuice told you to simply not use them and rely on normal saves.
(06-12-2020, 03:21 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Save states tend to corrupt the GC Memory Cards. Reason why JosJuice told you to simply not use them and rely on normal saves.

Actually, it's not that they corrupt the memory cards, but rather that they cause the state of the RAM to get out of sync with the state of the memory card. But I don't think I'm the right person for explaining the more details aspects of how it happens.