Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and Dolphin Narry's Mod- Which is faster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have both Dolphin and Dolphin NM. You might know NM because it is used for the Windows Glitch Harvester. So a few months ago, I done a comparison to see if there was a difference between the framerate for both of them. And SOMEHOW, there is a difference  Confused

And the fastest was... Dolphin Narry's Mod! Using Super Mario Strikers The highest FPS it done was 60FPS, when the lowest was 10FPS
Dolphin however was a different story. Using Super Mario Stirkers as well, the highest was only 31FPS when the lowest was only 0FPS Dodgy so yeah... not a good thing

My guess is that the more things that are shown the lower the framerate is as it has more things to load during gameplay. NM does the same thing,but stops doing one thing to do another then replays it. its just a guess though ( I have no clue Huh  Huh )

Well that's all. You could do it using your own iso of your choice too! Wink
To be honest, I have never heard of Narry's Mod before. Do you know which version of Dolphin it's based on? It's possible that a difference between the version it's based on and the current version of Dolphin is causing the performance difference.
@JosJuice

You might want to take a look at this:

https://github.com/NarryG/dolphin-vanguard
Seems like it's based on Dolphin 5.0-10562. DolphinEmu64, which version of official Dolphin did you compare with?