Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this hardware good enough for Dolphin and other emulators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this hardware good enough for Dolphin and other emulators? thx

Ryzen 7 3750H
12GB RAM DDR4
HDD 1TB + SSD 256GB
GTX 1650 (4GB RAM)
WINDOWS 10 PRO
My pc runs fine, though i use AMD and windows 10 home instead of pro. i think your games will run from 60FPS-20FPS but that depends on how many windows you have open and how much storage you have on you pc.
you're sure, I don't know much about pc but I think the hardware is pretty decent. It doesn't have the best GPU but I would like to know if it could play cemu, yuzu, citra, rpcs3 and of course dolphin at an acceptable speed. thx
The single-core speed of the Ryzen 7 3750H should be comparable to my Intel i5-6600, so you should be good as far as CPU power for Dolphin. An Nvidia GTX 1660 is more than enough for Dolphin at 4K with ubershaders.

As for the other emulators, I know that Yuzu works best on Nvidia cards. That's all I know, you should take a look on their forums to see what they recommend for specs.
very useful, thanks for your reply.
I dont use Citra that much (to be honest my framerate was pretty bad) but usally dolphin is fine for me. its lags alot when some 3D things are visible, however.
(06-08-2020, 02:48 PM)nonexist Wrote: [ -> ]Is this hardware good enough for Dolphin and other emulators? thx

Ryzen 7 3750H
12GB RAM DDR4
HDD 1TB + SSD 256GB
GTX 1650 (4GB RAM)
WINDOWS 10 PRO

Huh This hardware is more than enough to play in 2k this can play Xenia and pcsx2 yuzu 3dsĀ  and backwards