Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gaming PC Can't Get More Than 25 FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thefrankdomenic

Hi All,

I'm new to Dolphin and experiencing some really weird issues. I have a pretty decent gaming rig, GTX 1070, i5-8400 2.80 GHz, 16GB of RAM.

I play modern games on PC all the time with 60FPS no problem, but Dolphin is giving me some major issues. Any support or suggestions are welcome!
The game and setting would be a good start. As would have you dolphin installation at the newest. Also the exact issues would help. For example if it stuttering the asynchronous ubershaders with compile shader would be enough to fix that in most cases and if not it usually update dolphin or driver or using a different graphic backend. Also though you computer should be able to run dolphin well, it worth noting that dolphin doesn't use hardware like most pc games and focus on mostly low cores(1-4at most if you look at background task)use performance and almost no GPU for 3x or 1080p(750ti is enough for this). So saying you computer can play pc game well isn't a good indicator of dolphin performance.
(06-05-2020, 02:15 AM)thefrankdomenic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

I'm new to Dolphin and experiencing some really weird issues. I have a pretty decent gaming rig, GTX 1070, i5-8400 2.80 GHz, 16GB of RAM.

I play modern games on PC all the time with 60FPS no problem, but Dolphin is giving me some major issues. Any support or suggestions are welcome!
Open the NVidia Control Panel (Control Panel, not GeForce Experience) and set up a High Performance profile for Dolphin.
Sorry didn't read you title properly .glasses steam from using a a mask lol. Have you look at the refresh rate of you monitor and if vsync is on in dolphin . It possible that that is causing issues. Also is the game a pal game. Pal work with a 50 refresth rate some game would run a 25 fps because of that. Super mario sunshine pal ingame is only at 25 fps for example. If you hold tab does it speed up that game.