Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Building Dolphin on Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

magmamelee

Hello! I recently installed ubuntu on my laptop. I was trying to build dolphin using these steps https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/buil...hin-linux/ . One step says "From here build and install in the standard make way.

make

sudo make install"

When I type make, it says make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Somebody help please!
You skipped making the build folder and running cmake. You gotta do this:
Code:
sudo apt install cmake pkg-config git libao-dev libasound2-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libbluetooth-dev libenet-dev libgtk2.0-dev liblzo2-dev libminiupnpc-dev libopenal-dev libpulse-dev libreadline-dev libsfml-dev libsoil-dev libsoundtouch-dev libswscale-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libwxbase3.0-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libxext-dev libxrandr-dev portaudio19-dev zlib1g-dev libudev-dev libevdev-dev "libpolarssl-dev|libmbedtls-dev" libcurl4-openssl-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libpng-dev qtbase5-private-dev
Code:
git clone https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin.git dolphin-emu
cd dolphin-emu
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ..
make
sudo make install

magmamelee

(06-03-2020, 03:09 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You skipped making the build folder and running cmake. You gotta do this:

Code:
sudo apt install cmake pkg-config git libao-dev libasound2-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libbluetooth-dev libenet-dev libgtk2.0-dev liblzo2-dev libminiupnpc-dev libopenal-dev libpulse-dev libreadline-dev libsfml-dev libsoil-dev libsoundtouch-dev libswscale-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libwxbase3.0-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libxext-dev libxrandr-dev portaudio19-dev zlib1g-dev libudev-dev libevdev-dev "libpolarssl-dev|libmbedtls-dev" libcurl4-openssl-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libpng-dev qtbase5-private-dev
Code:
git clone https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin.git dolphin-emu
cd dolphin-emu
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ..
make
sudo make install
Hello. Thank you for the help. However, this is the code coming up after the first paragraph of code;
Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package libwxgtk3.0-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libwxgtk3.0-dev' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package libpolarssl-dev|libmbedtls-dev

Undecided
First, run this command in terminal. Then restart your computer.
Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade --with-new-pkgs

Then, if you copy the big code block of "sudo apt install (all those packages)" from my previous post and paste/run it in a terminal, it should install 'libwxgtk3.0-dev'. Then reboot. That should solve your problem.

If it installs but you still get the same problem, delete the build folder to clear the old broken build files and try again.

magmamelee

(06-04-2020, 01:55 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]First, run this command in terminal. Then restart your computer.

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade --with-new-pkgs

Then, if you copy the big code block of "sudo apt install (all those packages)" from my previous post and paste/run it in a terminal, it should install 'libwxgtk3.0-dev'. Then reboot. That should solve your problem.

If it installs but you still get the same problem, delete the build folder to clear the old broken build files and try again.

no, same message
Oh boy, I sure did a dumb and didn't understand your issue. You're running Ubuntu 20.04 (focal), aren't you? They changed the package name from 'libwxgtk3.0-dev' to 'libgtk3.0-gtk3-dev'. Also libpolarssl-dev causes issues so I removed that since we use libmbedtls-dev anyway. For Ubuntu 20.04, run this command:
Code:
sudo apt install cmake pkg-config git libao-dev libasound2-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libbluetooth-dev libenet-dev libgtk2.0-dev liblzo2-dev libminiupnpc-dev libopenal-dev libpulse-dev libreadline-dev libsfml-dev libsoil-dev libsoundtouch-dev libswscale-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libwxbase3.0-dev libgtk3.0-gtk3-dev libxext-dev libxrandr-dev portaudio19-dev zlib1g-dev libudev-dev libevdev-dev libmbedtls-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libpng-dev qtbase5-private-dev