Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Keyboard and Mouse Not working in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having an odd issue with my keyboard and mouse not working when I launch a game. When I first run Dolphin and configure my key bindings it detects my inputs. When I apply the changes and try a game my inputs are no longer working. I close the game window out and go back into the wii remote 1 configuration and my inputs are no longer detected. I have made sure Wii remote 1 is connected and everything else is set properly to no avail. Any ideas what is wrong and how to resolve this issue? Thanks.
What games have you tried?
(06-03-2020, 07:20 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What games have you tried?

So far only Super Mario Galaxy 2 Pal and Kirby's Epic Yarn NTSC.
What version of Dolphin is this happening with? Does this happen with the latest Dolphin dev build?
(06-03-2020, 10:03 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What version of Dolphin is this happening with? Does this happen with the latest Dolphin dev build?

I tried it on 5.0-11991, and then a much older 4.0 version. Both experienced the very same issue. I'm thinking something is up with my computer.
Make sure you got your latest Windows updates, and then do a restart (not shutdown)
(06-03-2020, 03:10 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you got your latest Windows updates, and then do a restart (not shutdown)
Windows 10 says I am up to date. Version 1909. Going to try it out on my other PC.

Linacanin

Double check your mapping and emulated controller settings, if possible post a screenshot of them.
(06-06-2020, 05:40 PM)Linacanin Wrote: [ -> ]Double check your mapping and emulated controller settings, if possible post a screenshot of them.
The screenshot wouldn't load properly. 

I tried all kinds of different settings. I reverted them back to defaults because nothing at all would work. I'm unable to even map the keys to anything after I run a game. If I reboot the emulator I can remap the controls but they still don't function in any games I have tried.
(06-07-2020, 09:33 AM)TheOldWizard007 Wrote: [ -> ]The screenshot wouldn't load properly. 

I tried all kinds of different settings. I reverted them back to defaults because nothing at all would work. I'm unable to even map the keys to anything after I run a game. If I reboot the emulator I can remap the controls but they still don't function in any games I have tried.

I updated Windows and it seemed to have fixed my issue. Thanks everyone for the assistance!