Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesn't want to load games and crash after my area have a power outage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Betchichan

Hi I'm new here. So I've play all the GC games normally on my laptop without my battery plugged in before the shitty area that I live have an power outage. But when the power outage is over and I can turn on my laptop again, the emulator doesn't want to load games(I open some games and it gives me black screen) and when I close it, it crashed. I've tried reinstalled it, install Visual C++ 2019 again and even updated my drivers but it still doesn't work. Can anyone please help me?
Have you tried downloading dolphin and putting a portable.txt file in the same folder as the dolphin.exe. it possible that the power outage corrupt dolphin files. Also it might be worthwhile to see if windows file are right. I on phone so link to to this will be hard. If a remember it sfc/scannow for windows. Also you might what to check you storage driver.
You may also want to restart your laptop.

Betchichan

(05-29-2020, 08:00 AM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried downloading dolphin and putting a portable.txt file in the same folder as the dolphin.exe. it possible that the power outage corrupt dolphin files. Also it might be worthwhile to see if windows file are right. I on phone so link to to this will be hard. If a remember it sfc/scannow for windows. Also you might what to check you storage driver.

Done all that. Still, Dolphin doesn't want to load any games.