Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I read that i could use two candles as IR source but how would i do that
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read that i could use two candles as IR source but how would i do that. because if i would place them under my monitor the monitor would burn and if i place them ontop of my monitor they would fall of and burn. so where could i place them so that the wiimote will still pickup the ir. also does that even work?
(05-29-2020, 01:51 AM)coolian Wrote: [ -> ]I read that i could use two candles as IR source but how would i do that. because if i would place them under my monitor the monitor would burn and if i place them ontop of my monitor they would fall of and burn.

Slightly in front of the monitor, I suppose?

(05-29-2020, 01:51 AM)coolian Wrote: [ -> ]also does that even work?

Yes. I suppose a real sensor bar is more reliable, though.
(05-29-2020, 01:54 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly in front of the monitor, I suppose?

okay thanks im gona try that gona have to move the monitor back a bit but thats fine.
(05-29-2020, 01:54 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly in front of the monitor, I suppose?

i wonder how far the two candles can be away from each other
It depends on how far away from the candles you want the Wii Remote to be. For the standard sensor bar width (20 cm between the candles), a distance of 1 meter to 2.5 meters is recommended.
(05-29-2020, 03:11 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on how far away from the candles you want the Wii Remote to be. For the standard sensor bar width (20 cm between the candles), a distance of 1 meter to 2.5 meters is recommended.

okay if i want the wiimote closer i need to put the candles closer to right?
Yes. Though I would assume that there is some limit to how close you can put them, even though I'm not sure what that limit is.
i tried this way back. it works but it gets messy in the long run. i tried buying a sensor bar of amazon and it did not even work...i found out that the solution was in my room all along..using my original wii sensor bar. lol