Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin detects no input from Xbox One controllers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dky.tehkingd.u

Dolphin does not detect any input from Xbox One controllers, despite the controller showing up in the dropdown. The buttons and/or sticks can't be rebound because of this. Since no input is ever detected, no games can be played. This is consistent across Dolphin 5.0 Stable, Beta, Dev, and 4.0.x. Only Dolphin-- and no other application-- has this issue; various Steam games detect the input perfectly fine, and the Xbox Accessories app is also able to detect the input fine. So, I strongly suspect that something unique to Dolphin is at fault here.

Nothing, including a fresh reinstall of Windows, seems to do anything to resolve the problem. I have tried a mix of many different Xbox One controllers, including newer models and older models, through USB connection and through Bluetooth, all of which have the exact same issue.

Mysteriously, there is only one PC in my household (of several) that has this issue. I literally just assembled it two days ago, and so it is basically a clean slate. Other PCs I own, including various laptops and other desktops I've previously built, work just fine. Unfortunately for me, I literally built that one computer to serve as my family's couch gaming PC, and so it's unable to serve a large chunk of its purpose because of this problem.

Some furious Googling has revealed that several other people have had this exact issue over the years, but every thread I've found across several sites has gone dead with no solution. So, I figured I'd be the next one in the paper trail of failed attempts to resolve this problem.

Where would one even begin to look to attempt to debug this issue?