Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wave Race hangs on Windows but works fine on Android?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there. I have no problem running my Wii/GC games on both Windows and Android, except for one: Wave Race: Blue Storm. The game works fine on my phone but it doesn't work on my PC. It loads fine but when it gets to the point where it checks the memory card, it hangs. You can still hear the music loop but it never actually finishes checking the memory card. I restart and the process repeats.

I am certain that this has nothing to do with the ISO file because they are exactly the same on my phone and my PC, and it works on my phone.

Anyone face anything like this before? Any suggestions on a fix?
I'm assuming you've tried the same version of Dolphin on your PC as on your phone?
The versions on both are whatever the latest stable versions are for each platform. I updated both to troubleshoot before posting here. I forget which versions I was on before I updated, but the problem existed in the same fashion.
There is no stable version for Android. I'm assuming that you have the latest stable version for Windows (5.0) and the latest beta version for Android (5.0-11991), and those two are currently four years apart. I would suggest updating to a beta or development version and seeing if you still get the problem.
OK, just checked:

Windows: v5.0-12058
Android: v5.0-11991
Hm... Yeah, the version shouldn't be the problem them.

Try creating a file named portable.txt in the same folder as Dolphin.exe. This will temporarily get rid of your settings and save data (you can access them again by deleting portable.txt) so that you can check if there's something in there that's causing the problem.
Good advice, this worked. If I cancel out all my settings in Dolphin, Wave Race: Blue Storm plays just fine. I will need to figure out which setting I have in my regular setup that is conflicting. If you have any suggestions on what I should start with, let me know!
I switched from direct3d 12 to direct3d 11 and that did the trick. I guess this is a bug?