Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rock Band 3 Wii Harmonix Keyboard - I can't get it to work with dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NumnerMan

Hello There,

First time posting so apologies if it is formatted strangely

The forums says that the Rock Band 3 Wii keyboard controller is supported in Dolphin but I have been unable to get it to work.

I have the harmonix keyboard hardware and the correct dongle

I found the Bluetooth Passthrough Guide and tried the following

I tried changing the dongle's driver to libusbK (v3.0.7.0) but I get an error telling me the a usable Bluetooth USB adapter for Bluetooth Passthrough could not be found, same problem occurs when I try the WinUsb driver. I tried whitelisting the dongle for USB Passthrough and tried putting the VID and PID in the config.ini file but neither solutions worked. I think it's worth mentioning that when I change the driver for the dongle I am no longer able to see the keyboard as a device in Zadig.

I also found the USB Passthrough guide and tried the following

I changed the keyboard driver to libusbk and whitelisted it but I got the same error as before. I tried the winusb driver to no avail. I tried changing the dongle to libusbk as well but no dice and zadig was unable to find my keyboard like the last time I changed the dongle's driver. I then changed the dongle's driver to winusb for the same results, I even tried the Install WCID Driver option.

I've tried looking at the forums and saw some people get help but the information given wasn't enough to help me. For example, This link helped someone but I still couldn't get things workings.

I've tried all the trouble shooting steps I can think of and have come here as a last ditch effort.

Any information that may help me is greatly appreciated. I'm sure the solution is a relatively easy one. If you had a similar issue and found an answer, easy to follow steps to get it working would be preferable so that I'm less likely to mess something up.

Few more things I wanted to clear up:

When I say keyboard I mean the rock band 3 piano not a mechanical keyboard.

I haven't had a chance to test the stuff on a real wii (my wii and I are currently at different locations) but I doubt that it's hardware issue because before driver changes the keyboard and the dongle act similarly to my working flawlessly rock band guitar. I think user error is the most likely culprit.

Here are the drivers of the devices before I use Zadig:
Dongle: USBHUB3 (v10.0.18362.836)
Keyboard: HidUsb (v10.0.18362.175)

When the hardware is using its default drivers Zadig says that driver installation may produce unwanted results

In windows the keyboard is called Harmonix RB3 Keyboard for Nintendo Wii and the dongle is called Generic USB Hub (same name as my beatles: rock band guitar dongle)
(05-24-2020, 07:28 AM)NumnerMan Wrote: [ -> ]I changed the keyboard driver to libusbk and whitelisted it but I got the same error as before.

Which error? If you mean the "Could not find any usable Bluetooth USB adapter for Bluetooth Passthrough" error, then something is wrong with your settings. There is no reason to use Bluetooth passthrough for the Rock Band 3 keyboard, only USB passthrough.