Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ini error in text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bonjour à vous, i'm French so ask again if not un

i have some games to emulate with Dolphin, so i removed all "ini" i don't need in from "GameSettings" folder, i know Ishiiruka has more of this and the same line has the same twin game ID.
I think this line is important because of the game ID (# is not a comment tag !??!)

GLM.ini
# GLME01, GLMJ01, GLMJ01 - Luigi's Mansion
There is twice J and no P, must one J be changed to P (i did it) or two J mean J ( and J has a twin) and the "ini" does not refer to P ??
I owm P, that have a dedicated "ini" also, but none of what is contained in.

I'm starting with Mayflash DolphinBar, it's an up-to-date v9 one. Thanks you all. Angel

EDIT = i've checked all i' need, some games do not have an "ini" :
SX3EXJ_Pandora's Tower (no ini for P) Huh
SKKXHY_Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
RVJPFR_So Blonde back to the island
RQJP7D_Crash of the titans
RC8E7D_Crash mind over mutant
(05-23-2020, 11:20 PM)Klemc Wrote: [ -> ]i have some games to emulate with Dolphin, so i removed all "ini" i don't need in from "GameSettings" folder

I would not recommend that.

(05-23-2020, 11:20 PM)Klemc Wrote: [ -> ]I think this line is important because of the game ID (# is not a comment tag !??!)

All lines that start with # are comment lines and are ignored by Dolphin.

(05-23-2020, 11:20 PM)Klemc Wrote: [ -> ]GLM.ini
# GLME01, GLMJ01, GLMJ01 - Luigi's Mansion
There is twice J and no P, must one J be changed to P (i did it) or two J mean J ( and J has a twin) and the "ini" does not refer to P ??
I owm P, that have a dedicated "ini" also, but none of what is contained in.

That looks like a simple mistake. It should say # GLME01, GLMJ01, GLMP01 - Luigi's Mansion. But like I mentioned before, it doesn't actually matter to Dolphin.

(05-23-2020, 11:20 PM)Klemc Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT = i've checked all i' need, some games do not have an "ini" :
SX3EXJ_Pandora's Tower (no ini for P) Huh
SKKXHY_Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle
RVJPFR_So Blonde back to the island
RQJP7D_Crash of the titans
RC8E7D_Crash mind over mutant

Dolphin doesn't include INI files for games that don't need special settings and don't have any pre-defined cheat codes.
# are comments !? Wink Only the filename is important, OK.
But i can remove ini files for games i don't play !? If there is a file with game ID different from mine it's useless, or not ?!
E.G: Zela TP :
RZD = e-j-k-p (01) = ALL
RZDE01r0 = e = rev 0 - KEEP
RZDE01r2 = e = rev 1 = NEED
RZDJ01 = j = so i don't need the file, right
RZDP01 = p = so i don't need the file, right

Thanks.
(05-24-2020, 01:09 AM)Klemc Wrote: [ -> ]But i can remove ini files for games i don't play !? If there is a file with game ID different from mine it's useless, or not ?!
E.G: Zela TP :
RZD = e-j-k-p (01) = ALL
RZDE01r0 = e = rev 0 - KEEP
RZDE01r2 = e = rev 1 = NEED
RZDJ01 = j = so i don't need the file, right
RZDP01 = p = so i don't need the file, right

Thanks.

Yes, you can do that. But I don't see much point in doing so (they don't take up that much space), and you would need to recover missing INI files if you ever get more games.
That's good, i won't have to add any game in the future, but i like to have only what's required.

Now it's time to find my way with MFDolphinBar to work Cool

EDIT = there was Pandora Tower with # comment missing ID for E, but i use this one and asked myself if it took in charge the US version, but finenemr is 3 lettrers only so it must. ( SX3.ini foe my SX3EXJ ID )

And the same for Sin & Punishments.......

relisepin

(05-24-2020, 12:49 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I would not recommend that.

All lines that start with # are comment lines and are ignored by Dolphin.

That looks like a simple mistake. It should say # GLME01, GLMJ01, GLMP01 - Luigi's Mansion. But like I mentioned before, it doesn't actually matter to Dolphin.

Dolphin doesn't include INI files for games that don't need special settings and don't have any pre-defined cheat codes.
Thanks
Walmartone.com

Thank you very much for the help. Its really helpful.
Remember that INI files are plain text files, their size is extremely low. There is no point in deletting them. At the same time, they might contain optimizations for certain games. If you don´t have an specific reason, or unless you are experimenting, leave them there.
I keep those do not refer to my games, and the system menu "ini" also there is another i need one for WAD Genesis (M.ini ?!) for KidChameleon, in a zip archive, it's not lost.

I won't update preferably before a stable v6, if possible, i won't need add new games, all my games are in place.