Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issues with GameCube adapter after the recent Dolphin updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been using the most recent versions of Dolphin for months now and have always used the same GameCube controller adapter for Wii U (and Switch) on my PC to play GameCube games on Dolphin.

But recently I focused a bit more on Wii games and today, a few Dolphin updates later, the GameCube adapter no longer works with Dolphin for some reason.

I always used this software to get the adapter to work with Windows: http://m4sv.com/page/wii-u-gcn-usb-driver and have even tried reinstalling the driver, but that didn't change anything.

The controller still works in other programs, as well as other emulators like VisualBoyAdvance. Only Dolphin seems to be an issue.

And the issue is that Dolphin suddenly demands more permissions to be able to properly recognize the adapter.
This now happens when I click on Controllers and on Configuration for port 1 when the adapter is selected for it:
[Image: kP7c4Hf]

But I am already running both the adapter AND Dolphin as an administrator (also the adapter is running in Windows 7 compatibility mode). So that cannot be an issue. And it never was before.

Taking into account all that I have tried, the fact that I did not change any settings and seeing how it still works in other software, I'm left with nothing except to estimate that a new Dolphin update might have caused this? Also it is worth noting that it is unlikely that a Windows update might be causing this for me, because I always pause all Windows updates permanently.

Does anyone have any ideas or fixes?

-FB-Productions
(05-20-2020, 09:36 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Try this guide instead:

https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/how-...ter-wii-u/

I tried it several times and it involved using the troubleshooting steps as well, but it sadly does not help. The driver reinstallation changes nothing regarding the Dolphin issues. It still demands more permissions now and the controller just doesn't work.
Other software (like VisualBoyAdvance) still works normally with the adapter.
But could this be fixable on its own by somehow giving Dolphin or the GCN Adapter driver/software more permissions on my PC? I didn't need to do this before, but I'd be willing to try it if it can fix this new issue.
Are you sure that you disabled the previous software you installed?
(05-26-2020, 09:17 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that you disabled the previous software you installed?

Wow, I can't believe that was the issue. As soon as I stop or close the software, it works normally.
I actually didn't know that Dolphin has its own way of utilizing the driver.
I thought that software was mandatory because whenever I used Dolphin in the past, when it all worked without issues, I had the software running in the background.
This is no problem now that I know what caused it. I'm surprised that I had the wrong idea about it though.
Thank you!