Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Amateur Beta Testing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking like, is there some way for us users to, hm, warn the developers when some revision breaks something or some game that is not exactly a bug or defect, just some broken stuff, I mean, like somewhere we could say "4xxx rev fixed this and this and this on that game but broke something in that other game(...)"
Before you ask: No Im not thinking of a complaints thread, just a place where people can submit their own results so it could help devs discovering problems that they didnt see yet, cause the consoles has a lot of games, that uses their hardware in many diferent ways, and sometimes that happens....
I made a search but apparently (and surprisingly) there's no thread like that, so would that be welcome? can I (or someone) do something like that?
I mean, can I (and the others) post our own results and perceptions here? Would that be helpful? kkkk

The fact is that I didnt want to make one more boring thread saying, "my game isnt working since rev..." or "BIG PROB NEED HELP IM A N00B" so why not a thread where we could just do this?
well, that was kind of the idea behind this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-500...ght=latest
But it doesn't seem to have many fans *g*
Also it seems most of the devs actually aren't even regulars here in the forums :-|
Well, I will try this out here then:

What I noticed when changing from 4701 to 4714 using only OpenGL Plugin, because I can't use DX due to the Base Memory Pointer known bug with XP users.

- Major Speed boosts, more fps on all games. I have fullspeed on all my games except Star Fox Assault.
- Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havok is not Working anymore, just intro, it was playable.
- Zelda Wind Waker is not Working anymore, just intro, it was playable.
- New Super Mario Bros Working with fullspeed now, background, Map goes fulspeed now too.
- Emulated Wiimote much more stable, desync is very unusual now.
Im not asking for fixes, this is just feedback. Thanks, hope it helps.

EDIT: Just noticed:: Mario Card Double Dash is now just black Screen on OGL, I still can't use DX plugin, tried everything... And I still cant use DX. Dawn!

EDIT2: Mario Party 7 is just intro now as well...

Strange, a lot of games broke on OpenGL, perhaps some optimization clean up screw up the code....

EDIT3: Just updated to Revision 4717, most of the defects above are fixed, OGL is a little slower, it has much less bugs!!