Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I need help playing Gamecube Discs on Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GamePrincess4Life

Hello yous Guys!!!

I am new here! Heart It's nice to be around emulator experts!!

Now to the point!

I've been playing around with emulators since 2007 so I have some idea about how it works. I bought a Gamecube game at Gamestop, which is Mario Party 7. I know Dolphin is very compatiable with this game as it says on the list. So when I inserted the Gamecube disc in the PC, why doesn't it work?

Dolphin won't even detect that a disc is even inserted in the PC. I look under options>Configure>plugins and it's just a bunch of jibblish to me. I have no idea where the Rom reader plugin is or one even exists. I don't know if I am supposed to extract files from the Gamecube Disc. If I am supposed to extract the files, how do I do this???

I know there is nothing wrong with my PC. I play playstation 2 games on PCSX2 and they work just fine. Somebody please help this Game Princess!

Thanks Big Grin

Princess of Video Games for life!!
The normal DVD drives can't read GC and WII games , you need to dump them ( with a wii or with a program called rawdump)

The PS2 game are encoded differently
Why does noone ask if she really is a princess ?