Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Primehack install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having watched a few youtube videos. None of which are current. I'm unsure about this programme.
If I install it. Does it interfere/Overwrite my existing Dolphin programme, or can I run it just for Metroid Prime alone? (Say in it's own folder).
The other day I updated Dolphin and was then unable to use any of my previous saves. I don't want anything like that to happen again as I'm not pc literate enough to sort it out.
(05-14-2020, 04:33 AM)Wunderbear Wrote: [ -> ]Having watched a few youtube videos. None of which are current. I'm unsure about this programme.
If I install it. Does it interfere/Overwrite my existing Dolphin programme, or can I run it just for Metroid Prime alone? (Say in it's own folder).
The other day I updated Dolphin and was then unable to use any of my previous saves. I don't want anything like that to happen again as I'm not pc literate enough to sort it out.

PrimeHack will overwrite your Dolphin config folder so make sure you rename your standard folder and then let PrimeHack create its new folder.

Here is how I have set it up

[Image: pB2CfbY.png]

To copy your saves over to PrimeHack simply copy the "title" folder in "Dolphin Emulator\Wii\" to the PrimeHack equivalent.
(05-14-2020, 06:06 AM)Terg500 Wrote: [ -> ]PrimeHack will overwrite your Dolphin config folder so make sure you rename your standard folder and then let PrimeHack create its new folder.

Here is how I have set it up

[Image: pB2CfbY.png]

To copy your saves over to PrimeHack simply copy the "title" folder in "Dolphin Emulator\Wii\" to the PrimeHack equivalent.
So everything in my original folder will stay as is? That's great. Don't fancy replaying 4-5 games from the start.
(01-01-1970, 10:00 AM)Wunderbear Wrote: [ -> ]So everything in my original folder will stay as is? That's great. Don't fancy replaying 4-5 games from the start.

Yes, as long as rename the original folder all your saves, controller configs, graphic settings etc. will be save while you can mess around in PrimeHack.
(05-14-2020, 10:19 PM)Terg500 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, as long as rename the original folder all your saves, controller configs, graphic settings etc. will be save while you can mess around in PrimeHack.

Thanks for that info. One more Question. Do I do anything with the Dolphin-x64 folder?
(05-15-2020, 07:08 AM)Wunderbear Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that info. One more Question. Do I do anything with the Dolphin-x64 folder?

That's just where PrimeHack is installed, separate from your normal Dolphin installation. All the important stuff is in the "Dolphin Emulator" folder though.
You may also want to use a portable.txt file for your primehack install. That way, it will use a user folder in the same folder as the exe instead of a dolphin emulator folder in documents. You won't need to rename to switch between your dolphin installs.
(05-15-2020, 10:27 AM)Terg500 Wrote: [ -> ]That's just where PrimeHack is installed, separate from your normal Dolphin installation. All the important stuff is in the "Dolphin Emulator" folder though.

Great. Thanks for the help.
(05-15-2020, 11:39 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]You may also want to use a portable.txt file for your primehack install. That way, it will use a user folder in the same folder as the exe instead of a dolphin emulator folder in documents. You won't need to rename to switch between your dolphin installs.

I didn't know about this trick, thank you.
(05-16-2020, 03:32 AM)Terg500 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know about this trick, thank you.

This sounds interesting. However I don't fully understand what you mean!
Pages: 1 2