Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't launch Rogue Squadron 2 with loose .dol file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically what the title says. Trying to figure out formats with someone and can't quickly test things by launching with the dol.
Assuming you're using a recent version of Dolphin, did you extract the game using a recent version of Dolphin? Dolphin expects the folder structure for extracted games to be in a certain way, and only recent versions of Dolphin and a few other programs put the extracted files in that structure.
(05-11-2020, 05:09 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you're using a recent version of Dolphin, did you extract the game using a recent version of Dolphin? Dolphin expects the folder structure for extracted games to be in a certain way, and only recent versions of Dolphin and a few other programs put the extracted files in that structure.

I'm currently using the latest dev build of Dolphin 5.0.
I forget the exact version number though.

The folder structure of the extracted files is as follows...
Root/Sys/main.dol
Root/Rogue2

Rogue2 contains all the game data.
Moving the contents of the sys folder to the root makes Dolphin throw an error, I forgot what that error was.

What actually happens when loading from the Sys folder is that the game is recognised as RS2 but it stays on a black screen forever with a speed of 0.
That's the wrong folder structure. Try renaming Rogue2 to files. If that doesn't work, please re-extract the game using the version of Dolphin that you currently are running, and you will automatically get the right folder structure.
(05-11-2020, 09:46 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's the wrong folder structure. Try renaming Rogue2 to files. If that doesn't work, please re-extract the game using the version of Dolphin that you currently are running, and you will automatically get the right folder structure.

Working now after putting Rogue2 in files.
Thanks!