Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Beta & Dev Crashing - SaiPF51A.dll Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DraGooN

Hi All,

Since upgrading to Win10 Home all the dev&beta builds I have tried crash once I load a game. It also appears that all the settings (.ini's) are not updating when I make changes.

A couple examples: I enabled info logging in 5.0-12009 to find out whats going on and nothing gets logged up to the crash. If I open dolphin back up the setting has reverted. I thought maybe the crash reverted the option so I tried enabling it, quit, and the setting was disabled again.

Another example is any changes to the graphics settings do not save either. Say if I try to set the backend to Vulcan or DX12 and its currently set to DX11 it will change in the gui but not update the ini file. When I reopen Dolphin the setting will be reverted. This does not happen in the stable version which works as expected.

I would really like to get on the dev release track again like before the switch and I feel like its just something stupid I am missing.

Notes
  • The games being tested are confirmed working in 5.0 stable
  • I use portable.txt in all tests
  • Install directory is on a second hard drive separate from my OS with full permissions
  • I have the runtimes installed (to confirm - stable is working)
System Specs:
  • Win10 x64
  • I7 4790
  • 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Ram
  • Asus R7-370 2GB DDR5 On Latest Driver V20.4.2
  • Dolphin 5.0-12009 on a second SSD
EDIT FIX!!: I found errors in Windows Event Viewer when the system crashes. When I renamed SaiPF51A.dll to SaiPF51A.dll.bak the crashes stopped!

DraGooN

I was trying to figure this out again today and I found some crash data in the event viewer. Hopefully this helps

Quote:Faulting application name: Dolphin.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x7c316aac
Faulting module name: SaiPF51A.dll, version: 6.0.5.11, time stamp: 0x465e8ecd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000006e50
Faulting process id: 0x934
Faulting application start time: 0x01d625636433a8e8
Faulting application path: D:\Dolphin-x64-dev\Dolphin.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\SaiPF51A.dll
Report Id: 6e633b35-c794-4c9f-a835-8c581e4f94eb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Are you trying to use a Joystick? Because some quick Googling brought me to this:

http://www.saitek.com/manuals/Cyborg%20Rumble%20Pad.pdf

Looks like Windows is going nuts about it. Maybe a faulty driver installation? I´ve also read that switching/changing the RAM sticks can fix the issue.

DraGooN

(05-09-2020, 06:23 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to use a Joystick? Because some quick Googling brought me to this:

http://www.saitek.com/manuals/Cyborg%20Rumble%20Pad.pdf

Looks like Windows is going nuts about it. Maybe a faulty driver installation? I´ve also read that switching/changing the RAM sticks can fix the issue.

I have 2 of the wired PC version those joysticks (P3600). 

Your google-fu is much superior to mine.

Luckily renaming the dll fixed all the issues I was having.
Keep in mind just renaming the DLLs will probably limit the joystick functionality somehow. But I don't know any other way to fix that, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DraGooN

(05-11-2020, 07:52 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind just renaming the DLLs will probably limit the joystick functionality somehow. But I don't know any other way to fix that, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FWIW it did break the Saitek SST Software (button Mapping software) but I don't think the game pads have been effected. I'll give them a shot later tonight