Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Steam game's installation messing with Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CasuallyCritical

I had downloaded Dolphin a while ago, and as such had a VC++ Redist setup already. However I had recently purchased a game on steam (Halo: MCC for those inclined to know) Which had to go through First-run setup, including downloading and installing a VC++ Redist , ever since then whenever I try to open Dolphin the window for the program won't even open.

Solutions that I have tried
-Running as Administrator
-Reinstalling the VC++ Redist that I had before
-Running Compatibility settings

but none of them work. Am I going crazy, or is the Halo Install the reason Dolphin won't open?
Does dolphin give any error? Have you tried restarting your PC?

CasuallyCritical

(05-05-2020, 09:54 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Does dolphin give any error? Have you tried restarting your PC?

Yes, I restarted My PC after reinstalling the VC distribution

Dolphin doesn't give any errors, it doesn't even launch. It's like it starts to load up the executable, but nothing happens.

CasuallyCritical

(05-06-2020, 03:09 AM)CasuallyCritical Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I restarted My PC after reinstalling the VC distribution

Dolphin doesn't give any errors, it doesn't even launch. It's like it starts to load up the executable, but nothing happens.

UPDATE: It all of a sudden started working again after doing absolutely nothing to try and fix it. So I'm going to take that as an absolute win. You can ignore this thread now.