Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When I try to compile... Please help :(...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

when I try to compile Dolphin on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 I only get the Plugin_VideoSW.dll Plugin and the TextureDecoder.cl (OpenCL) one...

I followed the steps on the google code page and "How to: Compile x64 Dolphin with VC++2008 Express" that one.

Can someone please explain me how to do this step by step / word by word.
If someone can do this and have the time to do this, I will be so thankful and I think other ppl will be it too, cuz I think I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thx for the one who want to do this! Smile!!

(I'm clueless for now Sad).

ignatiusmael

Hi.
I am giving you to just installation information,
VC2008 Express installed on a 64-bit operating system

All instructions so far have been valid when Visual C++ is installed on a 32-Bit operating system. If it is installed on a 64-Bit operating system there are some more pitfalls (and presumably bugs in the SDK installer). At first there is a special branch in the registry for 32-Bit applications on 64-Bit operating system. So all paths in the registry mentioned above have to be changed from: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VCExpress\9.0\ ...] to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VCExpress\9.0\…} The second change is an even more subtle bug: The 64-Bit C++ compiler exists in two flavors. One is a cross compiler running on 32-Bit (installed in …\VC\bin\x86_amd64) and the other is 64-Bit application (installed in …\VC\bin\amd64). If SDK installer detects a 64-Bit operating system it copies the 64-Bit version of the VCProjectAMD64Platform.dll to the …\VC\vcpackages directory. However this makes absolutely no sense since the VC200 Express is always (at the time of this writing) a 32-bit application. So you have to manually copy VCProjectAMD64Platform.dll from $($VCDIR)\VC\bin\x86_amd64 to ($VCDIR)\VC\vcpackages. $(VCDIR) means in this case the directory where your VC2008 is installed, e.g. c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0. There is no easy way to check whether you have the 32-Bit or the 64-Bit version of the DLL installed. Both have the same name and version. The easiest way to differentiate them is to look at the file size: The 32-Bit has 283KB the 64-Bit version has 370KB. Using VC2008Express on 64-Bit system has the advantage that you can debug your applications in the same environment where you compiled them.
Thx, I'm gonna try this when I'm on my 64-bit system Smile.

LuisR14

that seems like a strange and helpful bot Tongue (notice his sig and you'll know he's a bot xD)
Well, somehow it is helpfull cuz I get 2 dll's now lol!
Ohkay I installed Windows XP SP3 on my other pc, but now when I try to compile Dophin I get this stupid errors... Sad

Build Log Build started: Project: UnitTests, Configuration: Release|Win32
Command Lines Creating temporary file "c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\dolphin-emu-read-only\Source\UnitTests\Win32\Release\RSP00005828522116.rsp" with contents
[
/O2 /Oi /GL /I "../Core/Core/Src" /I "../Core/Common/Src" /I "../PluginSpecs" /I "../Core/InputCommon/Src" /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" /D "_SECURE_SCL=0" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /FD /EHsc /MT /Gy /Fo"Win32\Release\\" /Fd"Win32\Release\vc90.pdb" /W3 /c /Zi /TP ".\UnitTests.cpp"
]
Creating command line "cl.exe @"c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\dolphin-emu-read-only\Source\UnitTests\Win32\Release\RSP00005828522116.rsp" /nologo /errorReport:prompt"
Creating temporary file "c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\dolphin-emu-read-only\Source\UnitTests\Win32\Release\RSP00005928522116.rsp" with contents
[
/OUT:"Win32\Release\UnitTests.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"Win32\Release\UnitTests.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\dolphin-emu-read-only\Source\UnitTests\Win32\Release\UnitTests.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /OPT:REF /OPT:ICF /LTCG /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /MACHINE:X86 kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib "..\core\common\win32\release\common.lib" "..\core\core\win32\release\core.lib" "..\core\discio\win32\release\discio.lib" "..\release\win32\zlib.lib" "..\release\win32\bochs_disasm.lib" "..\release\win32\lzo.lib" "..\release\win32\lua.lib" "..\core\inputcommon\win32\release\inputcommon.lib" "..\..\externals\wxwidgets\lib\vc_lib\win32\wxbase28u.lib" "..\..\externals\wxwidgets\lib\vc_lib\win32\wxmsw28u_core.lib"

".\Win32\Release\UnitTests.obj"
]
Creating command line "link.exe @"c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\dolphin-emu-read-only\Source\UnitTests\Win32\Release\RSP00005928522116.rsp" /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORTTongueROMPT"
Output Window Compiling...
UnitTests.cpp
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\core\inputcommon\win32\release\inputcommon.lib'
Results Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\dolphin-emu-read-only\Source\UnitTests\Win32\Release\BuildLog.htm"
UnitTests - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Inputcommon is failing to build, there might be a folder you didn't include.
Try compiling InputCommon and see why it's failing.
Appear some trouble...
Then i trying compile x64 common failing and error appear 'Error spawning cmd.exe' And cause of that x64 can't compile. Any ideas? Or someone can upload Core\Core\x64\Release_JITIL\common.lib ?
I have the same problem as u Lelouch can someone please tell how to fix this? :o...
Please forgive me lol, there have to be newbs :p.
This is he newest build maybe they fixed it.

Dolphin SVN Revision r4897

mamario ' s build

thank's to him

32 Bit and 64 Bit

http://www.dolphin-emu.org/