Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rock Band Drums on Dolphin with Guitar hero Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mast3rZen

Hi there, I have a question

I notice that you can use the Rock band Drums with the wii dongle on PC and the emulator recognize the drums but if I want to play Guitar Hero games I need an orange cymbal that of course Rock Band drums don't have.

So, is there a way to play Guitar Hero with Rock Band drums avoiding the orange cymbal? On the emulator extension option you must put an orange cymbal in order to play but I know that Guittar Hero games have compatibility with Rock Band drums and when you're using it the game only shows the 4 colors of the Rock Band drum accesory.

Is there a way to do it on Dolphin?

Thanks
If the game supports Rock Band drums, you can get a 4-lane layout by connecting the drums using USB passthrough. (USB passthrough is also the only way to get drums to work in Rock Band 1.) If the game doesn't support Rock Band drums, you can't play with a 4-lane layout. Notably, I believe Guitar Hero: World Tour doesn't support Rock Band drums.

Mast3rZen

(05-01-2020, 01:54 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If the game supports Rock Band drums, you can get a 4-lane layout by connecting the drums using USB passthrough. (USB passthrough is also the only way to get drums to work in Rock Band 1.) If the game doesn't support Rock Band drums, you can't play with a 4-lane layout. Notably, I believe Guitar Hero: World Tour doesn't support Rock Band drums.

thanks from world tour to warriors of rock it supports the 4 lane layout. I'm not sure about the passthorugh because I used one time and it completely removes all the windows drivers of the device so it's imposible to use the device in other games or emulators correct me if I'm wrong