Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does my PC meets the minimum requirements?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Processor: Intel Core i3-2120, 3.30 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 210, 1GB VRAM
4GB RAM
You cpu is reasonable for dolphin as most game will work fine with that cpu. The actual performance though depends on the game in question though. Legend of zelda windwaker will run fine but a game llike rogue squadron 2\3 will likely struggle for example of two games on both end of the spectrum in playable performance goes. As for you graphic card the geforce 210 is might have issue because it a direct 10 card and reletively low end also. Upgrading it to something like a gt 1030(gddr 5 not ddr4 one) will be the best option for dolphin. If that not possible then you might need to use older verison though you should start with the newest if possible.
(04-27-2020, 03:49 PM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]You cpu is reasonable for dolphin as most game will work fine with that cpu. The actual performance though depends on the game in question though. Legend of zelda windwaker will run fine but a game llike rogue squadron 2\3 will likely struggle for example of two games on both end of the spectrum in playable performance goes.  As for you graphic card the geforce 210 is might have issue because it a direct 10 card and reletively low end also. Upgrading it to something like a gt 1030(gddr 5 not ddr4 one) will be the best option for dolphin. If that not possible then you might need to use older verison though you should start with the newest if possible.
Dolphin needs GPUs that support the 11.1 feature level. Dolphin might straight out crash if the user insisted in using that GPU.
I meant it might have better luck like with older version like 4 though he wouldn't have forums support for it. I don't use a direct 10 card for the most part anymore except in an older laptop which is rarely use to see how it work with the newest builf of dolphin. That said he still would be better get a cheap new card that newer anyway.
LOL... this is the first time that I have seen the Geforce 210 be faster than an iGPU, the Intel HD2000 that is in that i3, by about 9%... Just 1 step up in iGPU, the Intel HD2500, and you're looking at an iGPU that is 35% faster than that Geforce 210...
(04-28-2020, 05:08 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]LOL... this is the first time that I have seen the Geforce 210 be faster than an iGPU, the Intel HD2000 that is in that i3, by about 9%... Just 1 step up in iGPU, the Intel HD2500, and you're looking at an iGPU that is 35% faster than that Geforce 210...

Too bad Intel is no longer supporting it.