Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSX Tricky frame drops (NOT a bug report!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The GameCube version of SSX Tricky frequently switches between 30 and 60 FPS while VPS stays 60 at all times. This isn't an emulator bug, rather an intentional design decision for some reason. People complained about that when the game came out since the PS2 and Xbox versions run at a consistent 60 FPS. Is there some clever emulation hack that can prevent these drops to 30 FPS without reverse-engineering the game? Maybe something like an FPS uncapper combined with a limiter? The GameCube version is currently the best version to emulate, however the constant switching from 30 FPS to 60 FPS back to 30 FPS can be really distracting. Is there anything like this that can be done?
Try increasing the emulated CPU clock in Config > Advanced.
(04-26-2020, 05:56 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Try increasing the emulated CPU clock in Config > Advanced.

Unfortunately that makes no difference. Is there something like RPCS3's vBlank override that I could use?
(04-27-2020, 03:05 AM)RealReloadCoded Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately that makes no difference. Is there something like RPCS3's vBlank override that I could use?

No, there isn't. If the game has put a cap on its performance (I'm not quite sure if this one has done that), you would need to patch the game itself in order to remove the cap.