Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashed in the middle of TAS recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dolphin crashed while I was trying to record tool-assisted input.

Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to start over?
Was there an error given?
No, the program just froze and closed when I attempted to load a savestate, despite the fact that I knew that it was a valid savestate since I had loaded it repeatedly leading up to that. At this point, though, I think I'm better off just starting the TAS over; it wasn't really anything special.

I did have another question, though; can Dolphin even record input from a real Wii Remote? When I tried to do it over, exporting the DTM partway through this time, the DTM was just empty.
(04-28-2020, 01:06 AM)cyndifusic Wrote: [ -> ]I did have another question, though; can Dolphin even record input from a real Wii Remote? When I tried to do it over, exporting the DTM partway through this time, the DTM was just empty.

Dolphin can only record inputs when you have the controller set to Emulated Wii Remote. You can however map a real Wii Remote to an emulated Wii Remote in the latest versions of Dolphin.

speedmccool25@gmail.com

This is actually very similar to an issue I had a little while ago. Were you happening to use frame advance during your TAS? And if so, more specifically, did you happen to notice a slowdown as the TAS went on and continued to use frame advance?
(04-29-2020, 07:55 AM)speedmccool25@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually very similar to an issue I had a little while ago. Were you happening to use frame advance during your TAS? And if so, more specifically, did you happen to notice a slowdown as the TAS went on and continued to use frame advance?

Hey there, sorry for the late response. No, I wasn't using frame advance, just loading savestates and retrying the input repeatedly.

Also, thank you for the information Jos! Will try that.