Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario TTYD Unkown Pointer, game crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aramir8373

I just started playing Paper Mario and the game ran amazing until I reached Shhwonk Fortress. After collecting the stone keys the game crashes when Mario enters the room where the Gold Fuzzy is. It appears as "Unknown Pointer 0x03384d40 PC0x80005e2c LR 08x0005e2c" I don't know what to do, I tried playing around with the settings but and watched some videos on youtube but nothing seems to help, it crashes every time in that cutscene. It is my first time playing with Dolphin Emulator so I don't know much. If someone knows what is going on please help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried the latest development version of dolphin?
Use latest dev build. Is the issue still happening?

EDIT: ninja´d.

aramir8373

(04-24-2020, 07:49 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the latest development version of dolphin?

No, I have the stable version 5.0, I'll try the latest version, I´ll report back if it worked, thanks for the advice.

aramir8373

(04-24-2020, 07:50 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Use latest dev build. Is the issue still happening?

EDIT: ninja´d.

I´ll try it. I'll report back if it solved the issue, thanks.

aramir8373

Good news!! I tried the latest version (5.0-11898) and the game hasn't crash at all. Thank you for all the help!