Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black bars retained w/force 16:9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MuteMustard

Hey there. First poster here, so lmk if I did something horribly wrong. I've been revisiting NFS Carbon (gamecube version) for a little nostalgia trip, and noticed that while using the widescreen option from the in-game menus and "force 16:9," the game retains black bars on the side in fullscreen. I'm assuming this is just a result of the game's setting just not being widescreen enough? But if there's some somewhat simple remedy I'm not aware of, it would be appreciated, lol. Example below?

[attachment=18781]
Your image attachment doesn't seem to work for me for some reason, but yeah, essentially all GameCube and Wii games run at an aspect ratio that's slightly different from 4:3 or 16:9. What you can do if you want to is to crop or stretch the image using Dolphin's graphics settings. (Cropping is close to what you would have experienced on a TV back in the day.)

MuteMustard

(04-23-2020, 05:34 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Your image attachment doesn't seem to work for me for some reason, but yeah, essentially all GameCube and Wii games run at an aspect ratio that's slightly different from 4:3 or 16:9. What you can do if you want to is to crop or stretch the image using Dolphin's graphics settings. (Cropping is close to what you would have experienced on a TV back in the day.)

It seems my suspicions have been confirmed. Thanks for the help!